Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravenwood Arms Forum Index -> The Bard's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

re: The life of an inn-keeper (Through many eyes)

((Hello my dearies! This is a thread dedicated to Latsari and what happens in her life. It will be a series of short writings which will involve thoughts, letters she's written or received, journal entries, perhaps an occasional chat log and even, thoughts of others about Lat or experiences they've had with her. Basically, just a way for everyone to get to know her better even though they might not interact with her too much. 

Feel free to post in this thread if you want to share any thoughts your character might have about Lat or any form of writing about interactions with her. 

Just remember! Because you've read thing here doesn't mean your character knows these things! ))

Latsari
Co-Proprietress of the Ravenwood Arms
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

*From the thoughts of Kali, Lat's pet snake*

Mother'sss decided we must move again. I didn't want to. I bit her tail in protest. Ssssstupid idea. Ssssshe put me in the ssssack as punishment. 

I don't like it here. It isss dark. There'ssss no sssunny ssspots to sssleeeep in the morningsss. Our old home had bunniesss and sssquirrels. They were tasssty and eassy to hunt. The sssquirrels here are black and fight like wild catsss when I try to eat them. The ratsss look ssssickly and unyummy. The sssspiders make me want to hide with Mother. 

Mother'sss happy. Itsss the firssst time I've sssseeen her happy ssssince we left the houssse. Sssshe sssmiles again. I mussst be happy t....why issss that black bird ssstaring at me?

Latsari
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

*From Latsari's quill*

October 12th,

Ravenhill, Darkshire

Dearest Arydd,

It feels like I've not seen you in forever. You wrote me about coming to visit and look at my wares with a fellow Servitor. I hope you do so soon. It would be great to see you and meet one of your new swordbrethren. It's always good to see what kind of hands you're in, even if you claim to be retired. 

As for me, I think that for the first time in a while, I'm rather well. My plans have changed some. I'm no longer going to be opening the toy shop I told you about. I'll still be developing toys, but as something secondary. Instead, a friend I made in my brief time in the Crusaders of Dawn, Eva, and I are going to be running an Inn. She's inherited the old run down Inn at Ravenhill, the Ravenwood Arms and we plan of renovating it and opening it once again! I think it'll be a good change for me. I'll get to meet all kinds of people, do some cooking (you know how much I enjoyed that back in the day), hear good stories, and perhaps, settle down some.  

Have I told you about Eva? All of a sudden I feel I haven't. She's a darling girl. She reminds me of myself, back when I joined the Servitors. Perhaps that's why I've developed such a soft spot for her. She's a warlock with a rather troubled past. Much like me, trying to find a place in life and use who, and what she is for good. She makes me smile. I can be silly and carefree with her. I'm infinitely happy that High Command shut down our unit. I don't think the military was the right match for her, and my persistent failure in it seems to indicate it isn't for me either. I'm excited to start a business with her. It feels right. We fixed the roof this past Saturday. Slowly, it's looking up. Once it's presentable, I'll invite you for a drink by the hearth. There's more for us to talk about that I won't write right now. 

There's little more to tell. No girls or men in my life to gossip about.

How are you? How's C.G.? Did you ever find your home? I hope you did. I'm sure that she hopes you did too. And Davvi? Is she free? If she is, send her my love. If she isn't, send her my love and strength. Who else can I ask about? Etharion? Is he still as gloomy as always? I miss making him coffee. Send him my love as well. Fel. I think that's everyone I thought of as a friend. Well, If you think of anyone else, send them my love as well. I hope relative peace time has been good for all of you. 

I love you and miss you always,

Your sister,

*signed with a little squiggly snake drawing*

Latsari
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

*In the mind of a young raven*

Who are these women? They work around the clock on our home. The roof was changed, the holes in the walls fixed with invisible magic, the doors all new. It looks pretty on the outside now. They've started to work on the inside. 

There's one that now lives here with us. She has a nest of her own set up right outside the building. She sleeps here now. I like her. She sets her leftover out for us and waves. She doesn't throw stones at us. She goes out many nights. In the dark, like a shadow. Some nights she returns with the smell of blood on her. Tomorrow, I will try to perch upon her horn and have breakfast with her. 

Her snake and I are already friends. Earlier today we played a game where she tried to hug me real tight and I had to get away. I won. It was fun. I think I could be friends with her too. 

Latsari
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

October 28th,

The Ravenwood Arms

Anna, my friend, 

I hope this letter finds you well. Did you find breakfast after fixing the roof? I hope the ravens and rats didn't beat you to it. You'll be happy to know that the rats are being taken care of by Kali. She much prefers them over the local wildlife. 

I've made camp outside the inn until it is in more functional order. It keeps me from distractions. I've been working on the inn almost full time. I've changed the windows, doors, and and begun to polish the re lacre the outside walls. There is, however, something I need your help with. There's some technical issues with the secret foundations I'd like to discuss with you. 

Will you come by and visit?

Lat

Latsari
Latsari
Co-Proprietress

*From Latsari's journal*

October 30th

Raven Hill

There is a new orc invasion through the dark portal. I didn't make much of it until recently. There are rumors. Brown orcs. Orcs which speak a strange dialect. Orcs as cunning as they are strong. Some say they come from the past. From a time before the orcs were corrupted. Some say they come from another world. Some say they come from another reality. Two nights ago I put on my armor and made my way to the Blasted Lands. There is at least some truth to the rumors. There are orc, they are brown skinned, and they do speak a dialect I hadn't heard since before we left Draenor. A dialect which freezes my heart.

I am afraid. No, I'm terrified. I feel like I did a lifetime ago. I want to hide again. I want to cry. Are we destined to be destroyed by the orcs? What if the other rumors are true? If they come from the past...do I still live? Does he? Does she? Have I killed him? Has he killed us? I think that if I don't put these thoughts on paper they will drive me mad. What is happening?

My contacts in the military say the Alliance is mobilising. The Servitors will march. They will die. Arydd, Davvi, Etharion, CG. They will all die. Ava told me she marches with them yesterday. She said goodbye. She will die too. I wanted to grab her. Kiss her. Bed her. Anything to make her stay. They will all die. That world took everything from me once. Am I destined to have it take everything from me again?

I am so scared. So scared.

Latsari
Anna-Lissé Clayton
Trainee

re: Public Record, Mechagnome 001

Record Date, Eastern Kingdoms, Azeroth.

Time, 2:15am, Friday.

Mecha-voice recording activated. Recording!

"She's an interesting one, that Draenei. Funny, and very odd. But she seems to care about everyone around her, in some way or another."

The sounds of used tools whirrs in the background, followed by some clatter.

"I can understand that she's looking after her friends, but we've met what... Three times, and she gave me some food. Fel, It took months for that to happen way back when."

She sighed as more sounds continued, hammering, cutting, even the high-pitched sound of a focused flame could be heard.

"That snake gives me the creeps though. Keeps eyeing me, maybe wants an Anna-snack. I better keep my eyes open. Heh, I wander what Lat's would like to ea-... Hey! Are you recording this!?!?"

The sound of work stopped as the mechagnome protested, as Anna shouted obsceneties towards it. 

"I'll turn you into a pile of Fu-..."

The words cut out as it appears the Mechagnome was deactivated.

Perhaps that is why you found it, and it's recording in a scrap pile outside the inn....

Latsari
Co-Proprietress

*From Latsari's Journal*

November 14th

Ravenwood Arms

It's happened. Our forces have moved across this new, red portal. Ava has crossed. I haven't heard back from Arydd. I'm sure the Servitors have crossed too. I feel so helpless. Part of me wishes I was there with them. Most of me, is admittedly too afraid. And yet, most of me knows that what we're doing here is just as valuable and good as what others are doing across the portal. 

Even before we opened some travelers have stopped by, happy to see movement and life in this place. Happy to find a welcoming face. This is right. The world needs some cheer , some peace. The structure of the inn is fully repaired. The roof is fixed, the doors and windows have all been changed, the floor repaired and polished and the walls polished, dyed evenly, and sealed properly. All we need now is for the furniture to come in and to finish stocking the wares. One, two weeks at most and we'll be open for business. 

Ava asked me to watch an orphan for her. One she wished she could take in herself. A young Draenei girl. She says she's formally adopted by a vindicator who is never there. What is it with Draenei and being terrible parents? I'll go by the Stormwind orphanage later today and find out what the situation is there. She shouldn't have let.

Edgar has been spending more time with me of late. I wonder why.

Latsari
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravenwood Arms Forum Index -> The Bard's Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: